Wednesday, January 8, 2020

An ignorant president is a dangerous president

I rarely post other's opinions unless I think it makes a point I have been trying to make and failed. This by Joe Scarborough articulates it. I have very recently returned from Europe and I was asked what I thought of Trump. This was before his assassination of Soleimani. I replied that "in many ways, he is very clever, particularly in his skill of manipulating public opinion; in other ways he is stupid. That is a dangerous combination". We have never had a president who was so illiterate and who does not have even basic skills of comprehending and writing English, much less any retention of what he learned from history if he learned anything from it. He just relies on his gut. God help us.

There is a psychological phenomenon describing those who do not know what they do not know. Trump fits that profile.https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/donald-trump-is-the-dunning-kruger-president-for-a-dunning-kruger-age-


WASHINGTONPOST.COM
The president has all of MacArthur’s arrogance — but none of his wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment