Tuesday, October 6, 2026

VOTE NO ON COLORADO PROP 133 REGARDNG HUMAN TRAFFICKING

 Vote no on 133. Those who have followed me over the years know that I have been an anti-human trafficking activist, beginning when I helped fund an NGO through a Rotary Grant for the prevention of that horrible practice in Bosnia, only to learn that much of the same was going on in the USA. The Epstein issue was very instructive, to say the least. It may surprise those in Colorado that I oppose Prop 133 on the ballot, which increases penalties for criminals convicted of trafficking. However, the sleeper deal-killer is that it puts an extra burden on the victims because this measure could catch survivors who were forced by their trafficker to recruit minors and trap them in life without parole. The vague "anything of monetary value" language also makes it difficult to prosecute some cases. This position was not without debate, and I am grateful to fellow activists for their research.

No comments:

Post a Comment